Thursday, May 28, 2009

Disney Sea is the place to be


The Jones family (along with Mamaw, who is here for a visit) spent our Memorial Day at phase 2 of the Tokyo Disney Resort - the one and only Tokyo Disney Sea.  I wish it was a smaller world than it actually is and that there wasn't 6,000 + miles between KY and this original Disney wonderland.  
Disney naysayers and pessimists can stick it in their mouseholes.  I find true excitement and wonder in these places just through my eyes, not to mention the fact that I get to enjoy the enthusiasm 
of my two young daughters and of the Japanese people.  As I mentioned before, in my post on our Disney resort visit, the Japanese are fervent Disney patrons.  We have been super lucky, if not quite good planners, in picking two low attendance days for our Disney trips.
What I love best about the Disney resorts is the attention to
detail.  What a dream job it would have been to research and design every tiny aspect of each of the themed ports, even down to the restroom signs.  I truly felt as if I was stepping from one end of the world to another as we journeyed around the park and it definately made my wonderlust grow.  I longed for more of Italy and Mexico.  And it was awesome to be able to stand in the middle of a place that's completely fictitious like the Agrabah Marketplace, Triton's undersea kingdom, and Captain Nemo's Mysterious Island. 
As I said, this is the one and only Disney Sea.  Does that make a visit to Japan a little more enticing?!


1 comment:

Carlye said...

stick it in their mouseholes...hahahahahaha